Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2 pujinggeCA Women Pajamas Set Long Sleeve Sleepwear Ladies Soft Loungewear PJ Set
- Annigo Womens Retro Swimsuit Boho Flounce Falbala High Waisted Bikini Set
- BILLABONG Womens Day Drift One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- Cactus Flower LIKELY Women's Driggs Dress
- Camel woolen coat Women Woolen Jacket Office Rivets Solid Wool Woolen Coat Black Khaki Long Jacket
- Topashe Women's Bling Sequins Off The Shoulder Split Mermaid Prom Dresses
- Wanshaqin Women's Aline Lace Appliqued Long Sleeves Chapel Wedding Dress Bridal Gown Prom Dress
- Women's Winter Warm Fleece Lined Coat Parka Long Outwear Jacket
- Desolateness Women Lightweight DoubleBreasted Hooded Maxi Down Coat with Belt
- Fashion 1938 Womens Open Front Knit Long Cardigans Sweaters with Pockets SXXL
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet,Ladies Purse Vintage Lychee Pattern Ladies Long Wallet Large Capacity 19 9.5 3cm (color B)
- High quality6 Summer Female Shoulder Bag Handbags Women Bags Zipper Mini Square Mobile Messenger Bag
- JQLD Womens Off The Shoulder Bridesmaid Dresses Long ALine Evening Prom Gowns
- LifeShow Women's Summer Loose Linen Knee Length Dresses with Pockets
- MariRobe Women's Mermaid Halter Wedding Dress Lace Appliques Backless Evening Dress White Engagement Dress Evening Gown
- Navy TYFeng Women's Deep V Sleeveless Long Pants Plain Pocket Summer Drawstring Waisted Jumpsuits Rompers
- PARIKHS Round Cut Diamond Solitaire Pendant & Diamond Stud Set Premium Qualit...
- Rakhi Eid Festival Indian Party Wear Dress Abaya Dress Bollywood Pakistani Anarkali Salwar Suit Bridal Wedding Ceremony Muslin Eid 2853 1
- Sexy Plus Size Diamond Decadence Deluxe Sheer Shine Lingerie Set
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.