Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Grape Mother Dress Long Sleeves V Neck Plus Size Mother of The Bride Dress Formal Party Evening Gowns
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- LingaDore 29072164 Women's Pink Champagne OffWhite Lace Balcony Bra
- Midi Cotton Striped Skirt Flare Aline High Waist Knee Length Vintage Zippered Skirts for Women
- Nine bull Women's Cotton Pajamas Set Long Sleeve Sleepwear Elastic Waist Pants Pj Set
- Polarized Grey Clipon Flipup Sunglasses Wrap Frame Style 65mm Wide X 55mm High (140mm Wide)
- ROMA Butterfly Pendant Black Scarf
- Royal bluee African Boutique Women's Rhinestone Long Zari Embroidery Formal Mermaid Evening Prom Dresses
- Splendid Womens Studio Yoga Workout Athletic Twist Sleeve Top Yoga Shirt
- TShirt & Jeans Mini Satchel with Floral Embroidery
- White Bess Bridal Women's Sequined Mermaid Split Sheer Back Long Prom Evening Dress
- XQS Womens Winter Down Jacket Coat Faux Suede Faux Fur Collar Overcoat
- 14k TriTone gold 15 Anos Quinceanera CZ Ring with Elephants
- Angie Juniors' Southwestern Striped Cardigan Printed Sweater
- Beach Dress Casual Summer Beach Dress Sundress Long Sleeve V Neck Floral Print Party Dress High Waist Holiday Beachwear Dress Suitable for Outdoor Beach Walks (color bluee, Size M)
- bluee Style Dome Women Spaghetti Strap V Neck Sleeveless Pleated Backless Drape Wrap Cami Flowy Tank Top
- Classic Crossbody Shoulder Bag Designer Messenger Handbags for Wedding Party Clutch for Women Girls PU Leather Purse
- Dark bluee Dushishidan Women's Swim Brief with Adjustable Ties, Mini Short Swimwear
- Emmani Women's Sweetheart Applique Beads Long Formal Evening Dresses
- GJX Retro Dress Women's Slim Long sleeves Lace Evening Club Party Skirt SXXL
- Huasen Evening Bag The Chain Bag Dinner Bag Bride Wedding Dress Elegant Diamond Flannelette Bag Chain Small Bag Bag Party Handbag (color Black)
- Karl Lagerfeld Paris Womens Scuba Crepe Sheath Dress with Heat Set Detail Business Casual Dress
- LISUEYNE Women Formal Blazer Suit Double Button Office Work Ladies Blazer Jacket
- Meat powder Ladies Evening Dress Women's Fashion Slim Skirt Hanging Neck Short Party Evening Dress Lace Formal Dress (color Green, Size US22)
- MyBatua Women's Ibtisam Abaya Burqa Online White Black
- Pajamas Women's Autumn and Winter New LongSleeved Sexy Goddess Sling Robe ThreePiece Ladies Home Service Sets of Heads can be Worn Outside (Edition C, Size M)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.