Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Passionata Chantelle Brooklyn 3 4 Spacer Bra (5709)
- Rather be Elegant VNeck Plaid Women Dress Double Breasted Blazer Dress Femme Mini Bodycon Vestidos
- Sheep Leather Black Sleekhides Women's Fashion Biker Real Leather Hoodie Style Jacket
- Tahari Womens Standard Sequin Embroidery
- Vince Camuto Womens Cold Shoulder Choker Party Dress
- Womens Chloe Mittens, Tropic, 1SZ
- Xcessoire Womens 5 8 Skinny Suede Belt
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots J5QV7 Butterfly
- Animal Bryndley Rain Jacket in Dark Navy
- Bearsland Women's Summer Long Style Sleeveless Breastfeeding Nursing Dress
- Bollywood Collection Anarkali Dresses for women Salwar Kameez Ceremony Wedding 914
- color&W Womens Casual Embroidered Zipup Splice Two PiecesSweatsuits Outfit
- Diamond2Deal 14k Yellow gold Enameled Ladybug in Heart Pendant
- Fashion Vintage Style Handbag Beaded Sequined Evening Bag Wedding Party Handbag Rhinestone Clutch Purse
- Guess by Marciano Sunglasses Women GM 633 PUR55 Purple Full Frame
- JACK Womens at Your Leisure Slub French Terry Cowl Neck Sweatshirt
- Karen Kane Womens SideSlit Maxi Dress Dress
- LISA.MOON Women's Jewel Open Back Beading Zipper Short Homecoming Dresses
- MILANO BRIDE Cheap Wedding Party Dress For Bride Sleeves Flower Drape Sheer Back
- Nine West Womens Plus Solid Bell Sleeve Blazer
- Polo Ralph Lauren Womens 3 4 Sleeve Boat Neck TShirt (XLarge, Vintage Royal bluee)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.